Wednesday, March 1 | 7:30-9:30am | LIVE at Skysong
With a maze of federal, state and local regulation to navigate, it’s little wonder that employment law trips up business owners more than almost any other area.
Failure to understand and comply with these laws can result in unhappy employees, significant penalties, personal liability, and the inability to operate and even sell one’s company.
Snell & Wilmer invites you to the next program in the Emerging Business Seminar SeriesTM, where partners Brian J. Burt and John F. Lomax will discuss practical tips to help avoid and mitigate potential risks associated with employment claims. The interactive program will draw on recent developments in the law and years of lessons learned from Mr. Lomax’s experience as a management-side labor and employment lawyer.
Topics for this complimentary seminar will include:
- Working Off-the-Clock – Overtime Cases
- Sexual Harassment – Today’s World
- Giving Minority Interest in Closely Held Company to the Employee who is Designated Successor
- Restrictive Covenants – Courts Never Enforce Those?
- 1099 v. W-2 Employee: What’s the Risk?
- Paid Sick Time – PTO, Vacation, and Paid Sick Time
- I-9s: Losing your Workforce and Maybe your License to do Business.
For more information, and to RSVP, click here